Self-development

I want to ensure this year I focus on the journalistic aspects of media, such as broadcast journalism as this is what I would like to study at University. I am therefore going to ensure that I research and explore different forms of broadcast journalism, such as online journalism (such as writing articles for news websites and blogs) and television and radio journalism (such as news broadcasts). I plan that my final major project will be centred around broadcast journalism - therefore I might produce a radio or TV news broadcast, or even create a news website.

Last year I developed many skills such as becoming more confident in using Premiere Pro and Adobe Audition, so this will be really useful when creating a piece of broadcast journalism.

Some of my main aims this year are:

- to continue developing my skills in using Adobe Premiere Pro and Audition
- learn journalistic techniques such as how to present current affair programmes and how to report on news events
- improve my interview techniques
-learn to effectively plan for a broadcast, such as writing detailed plans and scripts
-learn more about media law that journalists have to adhere to such as legal and ethical guidelines
-explore different subjects to centre my journalism around such as politics (this is an area I am really interested in)

One of my main skills that I developed last year through research and help from my tutors was learning how to create a detailed target audience profile thus helping the development of my projects such as my radio show broadcast that I created for my final major project. This is something that should really help develop my broadcast journalism projects this year.

Lat year I also learnt the importance of carrying out extensive research into your chosen area of media to ensure that you can develop your project and ensure that it sounds/looks professional. 

One of my weaknesses last year was not carrying out enough surveys, and creating feedback forms therefore I didn't gather enough information on how to adapt my project. This year therefore I am going to ensure I actively seek feedback through forms and surveys.













Comments